Friday 29 November 2013

Review of the day

So that’s cleared that up then…
Those flashing lights I saw last night, belonged to the Reality Express, and this afternoon, he steamed into our station in no uncertain terms !!

Thankfully, we were prepared for him –and whilst it’s never what you want to see, damage on the day was limited…

I’m more upset because I thought I’d maybe hit a seam of gold which we could exploit for the rest of the season.
I guess it’s back to the coal face and trying to grind out a profit L

Anyway, suffice to say, non of todays tips won – in fact, non went even remotely close…

In fairness, that is always a possibility when you go for high risk selections – it tends to be win or bust.
Yesterday, Workbench showed what can happen when things go right – today, we saw the other side of the coin…

We could maybe have done with another Top Dancer running for us, to balance things out a little – but alas, they don’t come round every day.

First into the breach was Wings of Smoke…
He was weak pre-race, which worried me. I generally don’t like horses coming back from an absence to be friendless in the market.
In fairness he travelled perfectly well until push came to shove – but then he came up short…
My guess is that he has some physical issues.
Todays race was there for him to win. The winner is nothing spectacular – and he held the third placed horse, Ballywatt.
If he has got physical problems, then we are better off leaving alone in the future…

Next was Chiberta King.
His problem was that he couldn’t jump ! In complete contrast with Bohemian Rhapsody yesterday, who winged a few of his hurdles – it looked like a real struggle for Chiberta King to get from A to B.
You simply can’t hurdle that ineffectively in a race like that.
Having looked likely to win for most of the journey, Western Warhorse faded up the straight, leaving the other nominated danger, Mickie, to power home in front…

I thought that the third tip, Bellenos, emerged from the day with the most credit –and he is certainly one I would give another chance to…
He would possibly want a bit more cut in the ground to be seen at his best – but he looked like he had an engine – and like he could jump.
To be fair, he would have needed to be on top form today to get the better of Off the Ground, who justified market confidence in no uncertain terms and powered home unchallenged.
Unfortunately for him the handicapper will now have his say…

Unfortunately for us the market didn’t prove quite so prophetic with Palus San Marco…
I honestly wasn’t surprised to see him backed into 11/4 fav at the off – but I was surprised to see him struggling after just one hurdle…
He ran so badly, that simply can’t have been his form.
I accept that he was a risky selection, but something must have been amiss today.
I’m not sure I’d be prepare to give him another try – but I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t show todays running to be all wrong – in the fullness of time…

Finally, it was left to Think to try and save the day – but he wasn’t up to it…
He didn’t run too badly, to be fair – but he never looked that likely to threaten either…
He was another speculative shot – and he didn’t come off.
These things happen…

It was no better for the mentions either:
Tanerko Emery took a shuddering fall; Devon Drum was disappointing and Upsilon Bleu appeared not to get home…

Most definitely a day when we were brought back down to earth then - hopefully tomorrow will be better…

I will open the tipping window again this evening between 5:00 and 6:00.
There is a chance I will tip this evening – but if I do, remember that prices will bounce back tomorrow morning for all the races that Pricewise tips in (which ever they may be).

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment