Friday 1 November 2013

Review of the day

Whilst going through the process of taking on new subscribers during the past month, I have kept on emphasising the importance of reading the daily write-up – and how the tips simply can’t do justice to the TVB service…
I went on so much, that I managed to put off 2 or 3 people – but after today, I felt completely vindicated in my line…

Last night, it was my intention to tip Hartside today (just EW to a minimum stake). However, I wanted a bigger price than was available first thing this morning.
I then found Triptico and although his price was shortening, I still felt he represented a bit of value, so I settled on him instead.

Of course, the rest is history:
Hartside battled on bravely to record a victory – whilst Triptico ran with credit, but could only manage fourth place (he must have known I had put him up EW !).

The nett result was a 0.5pt loss for the P&L – but I will be very disappointed if that is the case for most of you…

Simply, anyone who read the write-up should have been on Hartside - and everyone who subscribes to the service, should read the write-ups !

I’d love to get all the calls right – but it is never going to happen.
Most days, I have an hour long window in which I have to make my decisions. 
I either have to take the prices available at that point in time – or pass on them.
I would really have liked to tip Triptico at 25/1 last night – but I couldn’t.
Similarly, I considered tipping Hartside when he hit 25/1 at around 10:30 this morning – but by then, the window had closed…

At the end of the day though, this service isn’t about my official P&L, it’s about how much you guys can make from using my knowledge.
Hopefully some of you made a little today…

Anyway, onto a review of the action:
Oscar Rock was successful in the first at Wetherby – though he will need to brush up his jumping if he is to hold his own in more exalted company.
A quick word on Tripticos race…
I really couldn’t have foreseen that result – but I could see a flaw in all of the main contenders.
In those circumstances, it is always worth examining at the bottom end of the market. I wouldn’t have found Ultimate - but at 25/1, I would have been looking in the right area !
Lookout Mountain ran a fair race in the finale – though he could only plug on and ultimately finished fourth.

Over at Uttoxeter, Milord bumped into one in the opener.
Carraig Mor was as impressive as any horse I’ve seen so far this season. Expect to see me writing his name a few more times before the season is out !
Raya Star got the better of Tenerko Emery in the novice chase – though I would expect the runner up to take his revenge if the 2 met again.
Forest Walker did hack up in the handicap chase – and with the benefit of hindsight, 5/2 wasn’t bad price ! (nevermind the SP of 11/4 !)
However, Smiles for Miles was a little disappointing the bumper.
Tom Scudamore did the miles and got back for the ride – but Wilde Blue Yonder was much too good for him and completed a treble on the day for Alan King and Robert Thornton.

At Down Royal, King of Brega dotted up in the handicap hurdle (I wonder how many pounds he’ll get for that !); whilst Gambling Girl was impressive in the mares hurdle (she could take high rank in that arena, this season).
Jezki was comfortable – if not overly impressive – in victory. His next run will doubtless tell us more about him.
Rye Martini was a little disappointing the novice chase – though his cause wasn’t really helped by his jockey, Davy Russell who seemed to be intent on teaching the amateur on Howwoulduno a lesson in jockey etiquette ! (he tried to come up Davys inner !).
In truth, it made little difference to the result, but Howwoulduno ran a creditable race in the circumstances and could be one to follow next time, is slightly lesser company.


Finally, I know that not all of you have chosen to access the blog – which is fine.
However, there is a chance of a small ‘community’ building up there on the back of the daily posts…
Ciaran put up an interesting comment today, telling people about an online bookmaker, who match the prices offered by Boylesports.
For those of you without access to the forum, the company are called Macleans (www.betmaclean.com) and probably worth a look if you are after options for getting on…
If any more of you would like access to the blog, just drop me a note.

On to tomorrow then…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment