Thursday 14 November 2013

Review of the day

‘Lost on the nod’…
That’s how the performance of Pod was described in the comments on the RP – and to be honest, that’s how the month so far can be summed up…

Every thing that could have gone against us this month, seems to have done so – and Pod getting inched out today, just epitomised things…

I guess it was some consolation that the horse that just got the better of him was the saver, Milosam – but only some consolation.
As far as the P&L was concerned, there was about 7 pts difference on that ‘nod’ – so no prizes for guessing how I felt when I saw it go the wrong way…

Maybe one or two of you were shrewd enough to do the forecast – I hope so…

And in truth, the frustration on the day didn’t end there…
I doubt I’ll put up a much better list of mentions all season.
The 8 mentions included 2 firsts (sps of 13/2 and 7/1) and 4 seconds – and more than that, I actually suggested that one of the seconds (Rydalis) might get done on the line (which is precisely how she was beaten).

I could go through each of the mentions in turn, but to be honest, they all ran really well.
Daymar Bay would have won if he’d not been given a ridiculous amount of ground to make up – as would Toner D’Oudaries, if Ruby hadn’t stuck to Arvika Ligeonniere like glue, when he made a shuddering mistake on this first circuit.

Hopefully some of you were able to take the information presented to you this morning and make it pay appropriately.
I have always maintained that this services isn’t simply about tips – and if ever there was a day to prove that point, it was today.

I even managed to miss mentioning Rubert, who was running at Clonmel.
I’m sure a good few of you will remember following him many times last season – well you’ll be pleased to hear that he finally came good today.
Summed things up nicely I thought !!
Onto tomorrow – and day 1 of the Open meeting.
At least I seem to have my eye in J

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment