Sunday 30 March 2014

Review of the day

There was no fairytale ending to the TVB season this afternoon, with all 3 tips failing to trouble the judge…

Oyster Shell ran well enough in the novice handicap chase, but was no mach for a couple of ex TVB tips, Manyriverstocross and Bellenos.
I’m sure he’ll win again in the next few months – though probably back at Ludlow…

It was a similar story with Junior, who ran well enough in defeat without ever really looking likely to get involved at the finish.
In truth, I was a little disappointed with his run – and maybe he is declining a bit faster than I thought…

Champagne Rian was the final tip to run – and whilst he moved nicely on the heels of the leader for a good part of the race, he was in trouble and weakening before the field reached the home straight.
Again, his run was a little disappointing, particular considering he had a similar chance on the book, to Kris Spin - and that one was beaten a nose in a driving finish…

The only mention of the day, Ronaldinho, ran a really good race to finish third in the juvenile hurdle.
He wouldn’t settle in his first time blinkers, yet battled on when challenged up the straight, only giving best after the final flight.
Clearly he has more than enough ability to win a handicap off his current mark…

So that’s that ! The season has come to a close.
You can all have a lie in tomorrow – and the day after that !

As I’ve said previously, I will spend the next couple of days pulling today a comprehensive report on the season.
I’m sure some of you might think that a bit unnecessary – but there is no better time to reflect on what went right and wrong, than whilst it is all fresh in the mind.

I’m determined that next season will be even better than this one – but that will only happen if I objectively look back; pick out appropriate points of learning – and act on them.
Rest assured that will all be happening over the next couple of days.

I would expect to get the report out late on Tuesday – which will then leave me free to focus on Aintree for the remainder of the week.

My plan would be to tip the evening before – and in the morning – on all 3 days of the Aintree meeting – but I’ll send a separate communication out about that in a few days time.

So, time to do a bit of analysis on the past 5 months..!

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment