Sunday 30 March 2014

Review of the day

I don’t know, maybe less is more – what do you guys reckon…?

For the first time this season, I’ve managed to string together consecutive winning tips – but they are the only tips that I’ve issued in a 4 day period.

Co-incidence ? Possibly not…

I know that a few of you get frustrated with my lack of killer instinct.
You are all aware of what I can do – but feel I can put up too many half hearted tips – or under stake the stronger tips.
And to be honest, I’m guilty as charged…

But the thing is, you have to see it from where I’m coming from…

I don’t really see myself as a tipster – I see myself as an enthusiast, who produces a daily write-up to share his views, thoughts and insights.
The trouble is, there is a limited market for that – so I try to crystallise those thoughts into tips.
When I really focus, I can be quite good at that too – and there is much more of a market for winning tips.
But it’s not as enjoyable as just working through the races – and ultimately I do need to be enjoying this if it is going to work at all…

Anyway, just a few random thoughts that I felt I should share with you…

It’s inevitable that my mind is currently wandering a little to next season – and how I should tweak things.

I actually think I could be a lethal tipster – for a little while – but I’m not sure it would be sustainable for me.
Instead, I’m happier being an OK tipster – who provides information that if used appropriately, should be able to make you all more profitable bettors.

I guess that you need to be thinking whether that’s the kind of service you want to be subscribing to in the future.
I know it suits some well – but I’m sure it doesn’t suit everyone (particularly those who get frustrated with my lack of killer instinct !).

So, on to today – where I did demonstrate my killer instinct (if you ignore the staking aspect !).

Miss Saffron justified the early market confidence and won quite nicely under a very tidy ride from Paul Moloney (I bet that’s not the last time Susan Gardner puts him up !).
Susquehana River also ran a fair race to finish third – so all in all, a race well read…

The other mentions didn’t do too badly either…
Phoenix Flight ran a fair race – but could only finish tenth. My fear was that he might run well and finish fifth or sixth – and he was only a couple of lengths of achieving exactly that.
As a general rule, those big field handicaps are probably best left alone…

In the following race, then both Gores Island and Gorsky Island ran really well to finish second and fourth respectively – but they bumped into one in the shape of Daymar Bay.
The first time visor perked him up massively and he won as he liked.
He will go up the best part of a stone for todays win – but it looked merited…

And so on to tomorrow…
Don’t necessarily expect any tips because I intend to keep my discipline to the end of the season – and I didn’t see much on first inspection…

That said, I will confirm definitely first thing in the morning and if I do decide to tip, you can rest assured it will be for good reason ;)

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment