Saturday 8 March 2014

Review of the day

There was no joy this afternoon at Exeter, where ultimately, Super Villan was no match for a couple of his rivals…

I have to say that I was a little bit irritated to see Jamie Moore not try and make all on him, when the pace in the race wasn’t strong (bearing in mind what happened last time at Cheltenham). But in all honesty, I don’t think it made a jot of difference to the outcome, as the horse settled well enough in second place and was beaten fair and square…

He travelled nicely to the third last fence – so a drop in trip may well help him.
He’s also likely to drop a pound or two in the handicap as a result of todays run, so is not a lost cause - but equally, I he wouldn’t be on top of my ‘must back next time’ list !

It was a similar story with the days two mentions…
All but Grey travelled well enough to the home turn – but then fell in a heap and was quickly pulled up.
He needs dropping back to 2 miles.

Alderluck ran a reasonable race in the Devon marathon – but found a couple too good.
There will likely be other days for him (off a slightly lower mark)…

I can see very little of interest at tomorrows only NH meeting at Catterick.
I would therefore expect no tips on the day – but I’ll confirm at the normal time in the morning…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment