Sunday 22 December 2013

Review of the day

2 tips; 2 mentions; 2 winners – and yet, I ended the day feeling a little disappointed…

Maybe I’m setting my own expectations a bit too high at the moment: after all, I’ve not yet cracked walking on water – and when I want a bottle of wine, it’s down to Sainsburys, with the rest of the mortals…

At the end of day, Royalor was a speculative tip – I just chose to talk him up and stake him as if he were a certainty !!

That said, I did think I’d seen something that had gone under the radar – and he was the kind of price, at which I feel justified taking a risk.
The fact he didn’t come off, is immaterial really…

If I’m honest, I was disappointed with his run (ignoring his price !).
His runs at Leopardstown and Tramore were both much better than his run today – and I need to try and figure out why that was…
Would I give him another chance ? Quite possibly – provided the price was right…

One who I would definitely give another chance to, is Foritsa…
By winning today, I think he acquired the honour of becoming the first horse that I’ve ever tipped to win two races (quite surprising really, considering how loyal I’ve been to various donkeys !).

Furthermore I think he’s got a few more wins in him…
I reckon he won today, despite the trip. My expectation is that connections will step him up to 3 miles for his next run and maybe try and get him out at Limerick or Leopardstown, over the Christmas period, under a penalty…

If they don’t, then provided the handicapper doesn’t go mad, he should still be of interest next time.
One thing’s for sure, he’s got a great attitude – and quite an engine. His jumping wasn’t perfect today (maybe down to the pace of the race ?), so with room for improvement in that arena, he could well be capable of competing off a mark up to 20lb higher than he ran off today (I wouldn’t expect him to be given any more than 10lb for todays win)…
Clearly, ambling around the PTP fields for the first 4 years of his racing life, has done him no harm whatsoever…

As for the mentions: then Mm Dazzler justified market support: but the less said about Molly Beag, the better !!

So, that’s it, tip-wise, until Boxing day (c’mon the Captain !)
We’ve had a very nice run during the pre-Christmas period. Since my trip to the wedding, I’ve managed to find 8 individual winners – and bring in 6 profitable days from 10.
Maybe I need to go away more often ;)

I plan to put another ‘discussion topic’ up on the blog this evening.
I was delighted with the response to the last one – so hopefully this one will be received in a similar way.
I’ll drop you all an email when it’s up there…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment