Thursday 12 December 2013

Review of the day

I really do wish that I’d stuck to my original plan and taken today off…

The one tip for the day, The Pier, ran a shocker – whilst the 4 mentions all ran just as badly.
The season has now been running for a month and a half and I reckon this is just about the worse day I’ve had in terms of results...

The way things panned out, you could be excused for thinking it was a chimp with a pin marking your card !

I was particularly disappointed by the run of The Pier…
OK, he was a 33/1 chance, which suggested he had little chance – but that’s not how I saw it…
I honestly expected him to run very well – and if not win, then certainly be in with a good chance of placing.
However, he was under pressure half way down the back straight and beaten by the end of it…
Very poor.

And the mentions did no better:
Honest John was under pressure after a few fences and although he stayed on, he was ultimately well beaten.
Robin’s Command settled reasonably well at the back of the field – but once again found absolutely nothing for pressure. He won’t be getting any more chances from me…
Sacre Toi jumped his hurdles as if they were fences and consequently lost ground at each of them.  He could prove difficult to place this season.
Whilst Cottiers Den showed little to suggest that he will be picking up a race under rules any time soon.

All in all, pretty dire stuff…

Tomorrow will be better, I can promise you that – let’s hope it is significantly better !

TVB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment