Tuesday 31 December 2013

Daily write-up - Dec 31st

3 meetings today, at Uttoxeter and Warwick in the UK – plus Punchestown in Ireland…

As I said on Sunday, it was my intention to take off yesterday and today – to give me a bit of a break after a manic Christmas period.

I had it set in my mind, that the only reason I would tip, on either day, was if there was a horse running, which I simply had to tip. And unfortunately for me (!) – such a horse is running this afternoon..!

With hindsight, I maybe shouldn’t have taken yesterday off either !
I don’t know how many of you followed the days half hearted mentions (one or two, I suspect) – but boy did they run well…

Charingworth only finished third, but he traded heavily odds on in running as he mounted a serious challenge between the last two fences;
whilst Possibly Flora went even closer at Taunton.
I was attracted to her at the morning price of 16/1 – so couldn’t believe the SP of 33/1 !
I actually backed her at 60 on Betdaq, so was gutted to see her unable to get past Milosam…
That’s the same Milosam who denied Pod by a short head last month, thereby costing us 9 points. He wasn’t on my Christmas card this year – he’s likely to be getting hate mail from me in the New Year.
For those who kept the faith, Across the Bay ran out a very game winner of the distance chase at Haydock (which was a horrible race to watch, with 2 horses breaking legs).
All in all then, despite what Friday and Saturday seemed to suggest, it appears that I remain in the groove.

Anyway, my intention was to keep this short !
One tip – one explanation – nothing else !!


Uttoxeter

1:10

Prior to today, I would say that Top Dancer was the strongest tip that I’ve put up this season.
Everything was in his favour when he ran at Newbury and I struggled to see how he was going to get beaten…
Well, I think Come on Annie all but matches him today…
When I’m looking for a horse, I have a number of ‘boxes’ that I like to see ticks in. The normal things like trip, ground, fitness, form etc.
Come on Annie has quite literally gets a tick in every one – and her case is better than that…
Last time out, she ran third at Uttoxeter in the race won by Ut Majeur Aulmes. This was the race that provided us with Iron Butterfly on Sunday – and is a race that I’m pretty sure was very hot…
If there was one horse to take out of that race, then it was probably Come on Annie.
She hadn’t run for over 6 months prior to it – and the ground would have been plenty quick enough for her – yet she was still there with every chance, approaching the last…
I would expect her to come on for that run – and the ground should be more suitable for her today.
But more than that, todays race looks a much, much weaker contest…
In simple terms, that was a class 4 race – whilst today she is running in a class 5 contest.
Furthermore, if I look through the runners in todays field, I can only see 2 or 3, who I think could give her any sort of a race.
For the conservative amongst you, if you really want to seal this bet, I would suggest saving your stake on Cropley and Lucky Prince. Those 2 could feasibly be dangers – if they show marked improvement on recent runs.
Aside from them however, I’m struggling !
If she runs to form (and gets round OK) and the others run to form, then Come on Annie will win – it really is as simple as that.
Ofcourse the actual race won’t be that simple; there are 8 hurdles to negotiate in heavy ground – plus luck in running will be required (and that is assuming neither of the 2 ‘dangers’ show improved form).
However, on balance, I wouldn’t be prepared to lay her at much more that 6/4 – so double those odds has to be a gift…
Doesn’t it ?!?

1pt win Come on Annie 5/2


Here’s hoping for a great day ahead !!

TVB.


Tips

Uttx 1:10 Come on Annie 5/2

No comments:

Post a Comment