Saturday 21 December 2013

Review of the day

Just in case any of you thought Sunday was a fluke… ;)

6 tips today: 2 winners (3/1 & 16/1) and 4 seconds (10/1, 9/1, 8/1 & 14/1)

It’s no wonder Stan James closed my account (#veryshrewd – as they say nowadays !)

And I honestly wouldn’t have believed that I would feel happy at the end of day, which had started in such unbelievable fashion…

Having waited weeks for Hartside, to then see him out battled by a horse who I didn’t think would get home, was a real sickener (particularly when said horse was trained by the lovely Venetia).
It was a carbon copy of the defeat suffered by Ruler of All, at the end of November.
A real sickener….

And worse was to follow…
As you may have gathered, I get particular pleasure from finding horses like Gus Macrea – ones who the ‘wise’ pundits believe are in decline…
Decline my backside – the horse showed himself to be in fine form and he was so unlucky not to collect at Ascot (#gutted)

Loch Ba finishing second at Haydock almost seemed like a bit of relief. At least he never looked like collaring Night Alliance (yes, that’s the same Night Alliance that I tipped 5 runs ago and who has now won 3 of his last 4 races).

But then along came Houblon Des Obeaux and Venetia – and all was right in the world again…
Despite jumping sloppily throughout – and looking beaten for much of the race, the horse started to find for pressure down the back straight – and after the final fence demonstrated what a tenacious character he is (#heart-of-a-lion).

Matthew Riley looked to me like the best horse in the race – but he wasn’t the most fluent jumper – and ultimately that cost him victory at Haydock.

But then, our new friend, Dan Skelton (whom I’m optimistic we will be able to forge a long and lasting relationship with), ensured the day ended with smiles, by producing Willows Saviour to take the Ladbroke in a manner in which few big handicaps are won…
I don’t want to get ahead of myself here – but I honestly think that horse could be very good (#champion-hurdle-contender?)

And so there ended a day of extreme highs and lows…
I’ve barely got the energy left to report on the fate of the mentions.
Sybarite (who was very nearly a tip himself) finished second n the opener at Ascot; and Reve De Sivola won the Long walk (maybe I should have put him up…).
The other 2 were unplaced – but does anyone really care..?

As I’ve said before, I don’t do it on purpose – but the TVB seasons just seem to turn into the most dramatic of journeys…
Lady luck tried to mess with us today – but we are in such a rich vein of form, even she eventually had to conceded that she’d met her match.

Long may it continue, I say !!

TVB.

2 comments:

  1. Great effort again today Andrew,I am gradually getting to grips with what u are doing and it certainly paid off today.I decided during the week that because ur selections are running so well that it was time to start playing a few multiple bets which I never do to be honest.I decided this morning that I would do each way trebles upwards at 30 cent ew units,I included Galician in lingfield to make 7 selections.
    I did the bet with boylesports but knew they woudnt give me my full stake as they have me heavily restricted.i just happened to have a few quid in there and had my other accounts loaded for my single bets.
    They let me stake a total of 49 euro and to my delight all 7 horses were placed returning 2086 euro!!!
    You have made it a great Christmas Andrew - You're the man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s brilliant news Liam – I am delighted for you…
    I think it also goes to demonstrate just how important it is for people to take my input and interpret it…
    I deliberately keep the tips and staking simple – but there is lots of scope for using the output in different ways. If people want to maximise the value of the service they need to figure out for themselves, how they should best use it. This is not really a ‘one size fits all’ kind of service…
    Sounds like, after a bit of careful thought, you managed to find the size that fits you ;)
    A.

    ReplyDelete