Tuesday 25 February 2014

Review of the day

Both tips ran with credit this afternoon – but ultimately weren’t good enough to collect…

It looked as if the 3mile+ trip was a bit too far for Qoubilai…
He travelled really nicely to the home turn – but then tired up the straight.
He’ll doubtless be dropped a couple more pounds for the run – and over half a mile less, on decent ground, he will take some beating…
Look out for him.

Carpincho ran an even better race at Leicester, but was just a bit unlucky to bump into one…
I’ve followed Lord Landen all season and I really didn’t think he’d got todays performance in him.
OK, he had been dropped 4lb in the handicap – but I suspect it was the better ground that saw him produce a much improved display.
I guess that is something we are likely to be seeing quite often, over the next few weeks…
It was just a bit unfortunate for Carpincho, who was backed into 10/3 fav at the off and clearly expected to collect.
Maybe he’ll get another chance…

I wouldn’t be overly keen to give the mention, Riddlestowon, another chance…
As far as I could see, everything was right for him to run a big race today – but he didn’t…
I would need to see him perform with credit before I considered supporting him again…

Just a bit of forewarning that tomorrows two NH cards look pretty poor and unlikely to yield any tips…
I’ll double check this evening – and advise at the normal time in the morning – but if I were a betting man, I would be wagering on it being a quiet day…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment