Wednesday 8 January 2014

Review of the day

I think that maybe I tried to be a bit too clever today…

As I said this morning, when I looked last night, it all seemed a bit obvious – well, I maybe should just have accepted that obvious can be good !

Instead I looked for something more obscure – and came up with a loser…

Island Magee certainly didn’t cover himself in glory. He pulled too hard in the early part of the race – and then jumped with little fluency.
He was already beaten approaching the home straight…

The race was won, in tenacious fashion, by favourite Massena. I thought he would take the beating – and though he did have to fight, nothing was able to get the better of him…

Todays 3 mentions did rather better than the tip…

Zanir ran a fair race in the seller – and was probably only beaten by a lack of race sharpness….

Neither of the other 2 mentions needed any excuses however, with first Edmund Kean and then Carli King, running out quite comfortable winners…

Of course, neither were at a price that you would write home about – but both came home first and ultimately that’s what matters…

Hopefully I will be able to focus on that key requirement, if I do offering up anything tomorrow…

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment