Thursday 2 January 2014

Review of the day

Not too much to say about this afternoon, really…

I know that the ground was officially heavy at Huntingdon, but I was expecting it to be more swamp-like…

I don’t honestly think that it can be too soft for Mentalist – and he just seemed to find it a bit quick today.
He also made a couple of jumping mistakes, down the back straight, which doubtless didn’t help – and ultimately, he was a little flattered to be beaten less than a length, by an idling winner…

It was a similar story for Flemi Two Toes – but with one big exception, he managed to catch the idling leader !

Fine Lines, I guess…

The other 2 mentions, both ran with some credit: Fidelor ran better than I expected on the ground (again suggesting it wasn’t desparate), whilst Arkose briefly looked to have everything in trouble round thing home turn, but the tired up the straight.
I don’t think he has a lot of scope of his current mark…

And that was about that !
Unlike Tuesday, I was left wishing I’d not bothered – but I still think Mentalist was a fair bet (at the price) – even if it didn’t quite come off !!

One thing I can confirm is that there will be no tips tomorrow – or Saturday, Sunday or Monday, for that matter !

There is nothing of interest at Musselburgh tomorrow (it is the sole surviving card) and I’m away for the weekend.

I will issue the monthly report for December, before I go – but that is likely to be it, until Tuesday morning (7th Jan).

I hope you don’t miss me too much ;)

TVB.

No comments:

Post a Comment